WorkID vzw, with registered office at Havenlaan 88, 1000 Brussels, registered in the “Kruispuntbank” for Enterprises under number 0804.158.011 , attaches great importance to the protection of Personal Data that it processes in the context of its activities.
As a Controller, we treat your personal information as confidential information and process it in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as GDPR) and other applicable data protection and privacy laws.
This privacy statement (the Privacy Statement) aims to provide you with all information required by applicable regulations, including the information required by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data natural persons in connection with the processing of Personal Data and with regard to the free movement of such data (the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR).
Processing refers to all operations relating to data by which you can be directly or indirectly identified as a natural person (the Data Subject) (Personal Data), such as collecting, recording, organising, structuring, storing, updating or changing, retrieving, consulting , use, make available, align or combine, protect, erase or destroy Personal Data. Other terms in this Privacy Statement should be interpreted in accordance with the GDPR.
Which Personal Data do we process and why?
The WorkID platform is a tool to administratively simplify your job search via an HR service provider. WorkID vzw processes the data from your “digital CV” and provides it to the HR service provider selected by you for the purpose of contracting. The following Personal Data of you are processed, which together form a “digital CV”:
- identity and contact details: first name, last name, street, house number, box, postal code, city, country, telephone number and country code, mobile phone number and country code, e-mail, identity card and passport;
- personal characteristics: gender, date of birth, place of birth, country of birth and nationality;
- emergency contact details: name, first name, last name, street, house number, box, zip code, city, country and telephone number;
- family composition: marital status, starting date of marital status, partner's tax code, partner's income, number of dependent children, number of dependent children with a disability (children), other dependents, other dependents with a disability (others), 65+ dependents and 65+ dependents of which with a disability (65+);
- education and training: education and CV;
- HR data: student@work, work permit, residence permit, VCA certificate and ADR certificate;
- drivers license;
- health data: disability, disability partner and medical certificate; and
- National Insurance number.
- bank account number and BIC code;
- retired or not.
Purposes for which Personal Data is processed
WorkID vzw will process this Personal Data taking into account the following purposes:
- to create your digital CV, store it in our database and pass it on to your chosen HR service providers who, as separate controllers, will process your Personal Data;
- to improve the quality of our services;
- to conduct research and analysis;
- to handle complaints, feedback and questions regarding the WorkID platform;
- to comply with applicable legal and regulatory obligations; and
- to establish and/or defend our legal rights.
Legal bases for the processing of Personal Data
The GDPR requires us to be transparent about the legal bases or justification for processing Personal Data. We rely on the following legal bases for the processing of Personal Data:
- Your consent. Your Personal Data is processed by WorkID vzw on the basis of your consent. This applies to both the inclusion of your Personal Data in the WorkID platform and the transfer of this Personal Data to HR service providers.
- Legal requirements. In some cases it may be necessary to process your Personal Data because applicable law or regulation requires, requests or permits it, for example to prevent, detect and investigate fraud or crime.
- Legitimate interest. It is possible that an HR service provider, pending your permission to join the WorkID platform, will pass on your Personal Data in encrypted form to the WorkID Platform in order to enable a smooth registration. In this case, this data will be kept for a maximum of twelve (12) months or until you give your consent to create a WorkID account.
Transfer of Personal Data to third parties
In some cases it may be necessary for us to share your Personal Data with third parties, so-called 'recipients'. WorkID vzw only provides your Personal Data to third parties if this is necessary for the realisation of one of the purposes mentioned above. As controller, WorkID vzw remains responsible for your Personal Data and continues to manage the Personal Data unless this recipient acts as controller. These third parties (recipients) may be:
- external (IT) service providers;
- the HR service providers for which you register; and
- competent government authorities.
Transfer of Personal Data to third countries
WorkID vzw undertakes not to process Personal Data (or have it processed), itself or by other persons or organisations, including processors, established outside the European Economic Area.
Security of your Personal Data
WorkID vzw takes the security of your Personal Data seriously and takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent or act against unauthorized and unlawful processing or disclosure, as well as accidental loss, alteration or destruction of Personal Data. Prior to the introduction of new data processing methods, in particular new IT systems, technical and organizational measures for the protection of Personal Data will be defined and implemented by WorkID vzw. These measures will be based on the state of the art, the risks of processing and the need to protect Personal Data. In addition, these technical and organizational measures for the protection of Personal Data will be regularly adapted to technological developments and organizational changes.
WorkID vzw does not store your Personal Data for longer than is strictly necessary to realize the purposes for which your Personal Data is collected. The precise period depends on the purposes for which we process your Personal Data. In addition, there are applicable laws and regulations that set minimum retention periods for certain Personal Data.
WorkID vzw determines the retention period of your Personal Data in function of the following criteria:
- your valid consent to the processing of Personal Data;
- any statutory minimum or maximum retention period(s);
- the civil and criminal statutes of limitations; and
- the processing purposes.
WorkID vzw does not store your Personal Data for longer than fifteen (15) months from the date on which you last gave permission to process your Personal Data. You always have the option to delete your data from the WorkID.
It is possible that an HR service provider, pending your permission to join the WorkID platform, will pass on your Personal Data in encrypted form to the WorkID Platform in order to enable a smooth registration. In this case, this data will be kept for a maximum of twelve (12) months.
As a data subject, you have the option at all times to exercise your rights as described in the GDPR. You can exercise the following rights:
- Right to information. You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data is being processed and, if so, to access your Personal Data and information about its processing.
- Right to rectification. You have the option to have inaccurate Personal Data corrected, to supplement your Personal Data and to notify the recipients to whom the Personal Data has been disclosed of the rectification.
- Right to erasure ("right to be forgotten"). You have the right to delete your Personal Data yourself in your own WorkID account.
- Right to object. You can object to the processing of Personal Data on certain grounds and you always have the right to object to processing for direct marketing purposes. Please note that you do not have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data in all cases, for example if such Personal Data is necessary for the performance of a contract.
- Right to restriction of processing. In certain cases, you have the right to obtain the restriction of the processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to data portability. Under certain conditions, you have the right to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or to have that data transmitted to another data controller.
- Right to withdraw consent. If you have given consent to the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, without this withdrawal affecting the lawfulness of the processing before your consent is withdrawn.
You can exercise your aforementioned rights in your WorkID account. You can also contact WorkID vzw for this (see contact details below).
- Right to file a complaint. If at any time you believe that WorkID vzw violates your privacy, you have the right to submit a complaint to a supervisory authority. The Belgian Data Protection Authority can be reached:
- by regular mail to Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Belgium;
- by telephone on +32 (0)2 274 48 00;
- by fax on +32 (0)2 274 48 35;
- by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com; and
- via their website (www.dataprotectionauthority.be).
If you want to exercise your rights and if you have any questions or concerns about how WorkID vzw processes your Personal Data, you can contact us directly by e-mail or by regular mail via the contact details below:
- By e-mail: dpo@WorkID.be
- By letter: WorkID VZW , Havenlaan 88 in 1000 Brussels
Processing of your Digital CV by HR service providers
Your Personal Data will be provided to the HR service provider selected by you for the purpose of making the administration more efficient in preparation for the contract drawing up and making your recruitment and selection process more efficient, optimising the quality of your Personal Data and providing of a low-threshold application experience.
Information about the processing of your Personal Data by the different HR service providers as separate controllers can be found on their website.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. We do this by posting the updated version on the website. When we post changes to our Privacy Statement, we will change the date and version number of the "last updated" of our Privacy Statement. Significant changes will be reported on our homepage. Nevertheless, we recommend that you regularly read our Privacy Statement.